Friday, December 30, 2011

Pg5 Food awe day meet1

sv-9mx-10pickuplayers-svdropofflayers-hlbk-sv-1538te-1617sq-2048sv
c-walkeatapau-c
lunch prettyco 7.2 dinner tapao bigtree 6
9.40-11.15p good chit chat.
fruit - only manage to eat one orange and one kiwi.
too much food today so did not manage to start on the layers.
was gifted with many packs of diapers.
There was some mini mini mini tarts that we ate after dimsum - no photos here. RM1.9 each and I find the choc tart to be the tastiest of the lot.

Brunch at 9am.
This is how the dimsum place look.

Tea picked by mh. Gotta ask the name.
HK ccf
M says this congee is nice - I declined to taste it.
Bbq prk pao - sweet as usual with noticeable tiny pieces of meat in the filling.
I requested for this dish - hor fun garoupa fish slices - RM10
My share of the above. I like the texture of the hor fun - quite firm - a bit like mung bean sheet noodle.
My request so I ate one. This has flaky pastry as the shell. No lardy taste for the egg custard.

Did not eat this - guess this is fake sharkfin dumpling

Did not eat this.
Did not eat this because the translucent skin tasted like glue or so I was told.

Requested for this - scallop dumplings but did not eat them in the end as I was told there is a taste of chlorine.
Requested for this - ate a quarter - glutinous rice is firm-t0-soft, not too soft so this is acceptable. Do not know what each item costs because I did not ask jp.

Late lunch: 1530 at Taman Emas - that's the name of the coffee shop but sounds like the name of a housing area.

I did not eat the above. M says the char keoy we ate the other day tasted better.
I did not eat the above too.
The ccf has a bit of gluey taste. Just ate 1 piece.

Ate one spoonful. Jp said there is a nice unique taste but I cannot detect it. It tasted like what ckt should taste (to me).
I finished this bowl minus the soup but strained the soup for fish bits to eat. Did not put the prawn paste and the soup is already sweet. No msg at all because I was not thirsty at all after eating this. Small bowl for RM3. Not hot and not spicy and not too sour so just right for me.

Tea at Straits Quay at 5.35pm.
Hot lemon honey tea for mh. RM5.9

Mh colourful macarons. I ate half of the green, yellow and pink ones. Can only detect the flavour of the pink one as rose syrup. Sticky sugary chewy. Mh said like eating min fa tong - cotton candy - spot-on! RM12.9

Jp ic and apple pie - I like the shell pastry - not shortcrust and of course not flaky. It is kind off chewy but I think some would think the dough is sort of not cooked/baked fully. RM13.9

M's walnut choc brownie with choc sauce and ic shared by m, me and Jp. This is the nicest of the whole lot - choc taste is there and M says lots of walnut pieces. RM12.9

Berry trifle - my order - as the soothsayer has foretold, this is big time not worth eating out for and it is the most expensive of the five items here - RM14.90. Top layer - cream - Jp replied my question as to why I don't like cream but I like ice-cream and I realised that he is correct. I do not like the foamy texture of cream. Even mcd ic does not have the foamy texture. Both are smooth.

2nd layer - custard - not much taste.

3rd layer - red jelly with cubes of pineapple? peaches? from cans.

final layer - some sort of sour weird tasting soft thoroughly soaked thingy (most awful taste but I ate all of it). Jp and mh tasted all 4 layers and Jp said the thingy is bread and I thought he is right. Googled for trifle recipe and found that traditionally the last layer should be sherry-soaked sponge cake. Could be sponge cake but I don't know what liquor it was soaked in because I did not detect any hint of alcohol and the taste is off putting but I finished the whole glass minus some cream. sc 10per gt 6per total tea RM70.18

Dinner at 7pm at cheeky ducky. Decided to eat dinner immediately after we have just finished having tea because some of us only ate macaroons and bits here and there so need to eat savoury food for dinner.

Pickled sweet sour some kind off gua slices - more sweet than sour. RM2

Stirfry Kai Lan with garlic but without salt. RM12

Half cheeky duck - can not finish so tapao quarter home RM36 I ate just one piece of duck breast meat.

Half yim kok chic RM34 - meat is tough to chew. I ate just one piece of breast meat. Tapao quarter home.

Ginger dip - I find it to be too salty for my liking. 4 of us shared 2 bowls of rice RM3.6, 2 glass of water 50c each, 4 wet towels 4, sc 10per gt 6per total 107.40


No comments: